This “recipe” is from www.youngliving.com. I always love the bath bombs from Lush, but I rarely ever take baths, so I searched out “shower bomb” and found this awesome recipe. I made a few different oil blends and gave these bombs away as “little something” Christmas gifts last year. Just toss one (or more) into the bottom of the shower and enjoy! The fragrance was so refreshing in the mornings and a great way to start my day.
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid (available at health food stores or online)
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 30+ drops of your favorite aromatic essential oil (see suggestions below)
Mix together the baking soda and citric acid in a medium-size bowl. In a separate small bowl or bottle, mix together water and essential oil. Slowly add the oil-water mixture a few drops at a time into your dry ingredients, stirring well after each addition (a stand mixer works well for this). When ingredients are thoroughly mixed, tightly pack into 2-inch balls using your hands, a stainless steel cake pop mold, or a cookie scoop. Set on a plate to dry. If necessary, pack the balls again more tightly. Allow to dry for 12+ hours before using.
To use, simply place a bomb near your feet under warm running water and enjoy the aromatic experience!
Suggested essential oil additions:
- Morning Fresh Shower Bombs: Add 30 drops of Eucalyptus Radiatato a batch for an invigorating and fresh aromatic experience.
- Orchard Stroll Shower Bombs: For a sweet, refreshing aromatic journey, add 30 drops of Citrus Fresh to a batch.
- Day’s End Shower Bombs: Add 30 drops of Lavender to a batch to enjoy a relaxing aromatic addition to your shower time.